An investment in building staff expertise
At the Midland Academies Trust we value staff expertise and have a strong commitment to developing our employees in their roles and supporting them for their next role.
Designated development time
- Our staff benefit from extensive subject-specific development time.
- Our joint INSET days prioritise subject-level development, rather than extended generic pedagogy and practice.
- Our Trust-wide subject communities are given developmental time in half-termly subject networks.
A financial commitment
- Our Trust subject leads identify subject-level development needs and devise a programme to respond to them as part of their role
- Our subject communities can access a central curriculum development fund to ensure that subject knowledge is continuously strengthened.
- Our Trust fund post-graduate study up to and including masters-level qualifications.
Trust wide opportunities
- Our staff can undertake placements or work-shadowing in other local Trust schools.
- Our subject communities work in close collaboration and learn from each other constantly.
- Our Trust has a strong track-record of growing and retaining our staff. Many staff seeking promotion choose to remain in the Trust, or take up roles in other Trust academies.